Rutland Street Church History
A summary of our History...
It started in the early 1900's when a group of believers associated with the Open Plymouth Brethren, meeting in Armagh Street, Christchurch, began an outreach programme for youth and children in the St Albans area. The ministry grew to a point where a regular adult worship service was started in a rented facility in St Albans Street. The current property in Rutland Street was later purchased and the new church became an independent body.
Since then, the Rutland Street Church has established (planted) two other churches, in Idris Road, Bryndwr and Basset Street, Burwood.